If you work in construction, chances are you've heard the term "rigging" before. Rigging refers to using special equipment to move heavy objects from one place to another and is an essential part of any construction project. Without proper rigging, construction workers would not be able to safely or efficiently move these types of materials around a job site.
What Are the Different Types of Rigging Equipment?
There are many types of rigging equipment used on construction sites daily. Some of the most common pieces of rigging equipment include:
- Cranes. Cranes are one of the most commonly used pieces of rigging equipment. They are typically used to lift very heavy objects, such as structural steel beams or concrete slabs.
- Pulleys. Pulleys are often used in conjunction with cranes to help lift and move heavy objects.
- Slings. Slings are another type of rigging equipment that is used to lift and move heavy objects. They are made from materials such as chains, cables, ropes, or webbing, and are often used in conjunction with cranes and other types of rigging equipment.
- Hoists. Hoists are devices that use motors to lift heavy objects. They are typically permanently installed and used in industrial settings where heavy objects must be moved regularly.
What Are Rigging Services?
Some construction companies hire riggers and rigging services to manage their on-site rigging solutions. These services might include:
- Selecting the right rigging for the job site
- Inspecting rigging equipment before installation, during use, and after the project is complete
- Storing equipment for a construction company when not in use
- Maintaining equipment between installations by performing both preventative maintenance and repairs
- Installing rigging equipment on the job site
- Transporting rigging equipment from one location to another
- Providing skilled labor to operate any rigging equipment for the construction company
Additionally, rigging services may be tasked with the job of keeping the rigging equipment in compliance with OSHA and other regulatory standards.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring Rigging Services?
Rigging services can be extremely beneficial for construction projects of all sizes. In addition to increased efficiency, rigging services can also provide the following benefits:
- Cost Savings. Hiring a professional rigging service can actually save you money in the long run. By ensuring that your construction project is completed safely and efficiently, you can avoid costly delays and repairs.
- Security. When you hire a professional rigging service, you can rest assured knowing that your construction project is in good hands. Rigging services are highly trained and experienced in all aspects of construction, so you can trust them to get the job done right.
- Safety. When you hire a professional rigging service, you can be confident that your construction project will be completed safely. Rigging services are well-versed in OSHA regulations and standards, so you can be sure that your construction site is compliant.
Rigging is an essential part of any construction project. If you're looking for a safe, efficient, and cost-effective way to complete your project, look no further than a professional rigging service.